Pages

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Italian Crunch Grilled Cheese




Ahh, what a week!  After a 6 year search, I  found curtains for the dining room.  They are just what I have been looking for all this time!  So stay tuned for a dining room make-over...well is it really a make-over if the room is the same as it was when we moved in + dining room table?  In any case, so excited!  Then right after that happened, we ended up seeing the Lego movie and tried out a new restaurant in town during an impromptu date night.  Both excellent!



Another highlight of the week was definitely this grilled cheese sandwich.  It is a copy-cat recipe for a sandwich I have had multiple times at Tom + Chee.  Have you heard of this place?  We found it totally by accident, but apparently, they were on Shark Tank a while back.  If there is one near you, it is definitely worth a trip!

Recently, James has been wanting to go back to Tom + Chee, but we just never seem to make it.  So one day when I was trying to figure out what to do for dinner, this sandwich came to mind.  So I went and rounded up the ingredients, and voila! 


The Italian Crunch Grilled Cheese.  The crunch is from the inclusion of salt and vinegar potato chips on the sandwich.  When I was a kid, I often would put chips on my sandwiches, so when I saw this, I just knew I had to try it!  Of course, I was not disappointed.  Melty mozzarella cheese, ham, pepperoni and of course Italian bread finish the sandwich.  It was so good we had it for lunch again the next day!  

Italian Crunch Grilled Cheese
Recipe per sandwich

2 pieces Italian bread
2 pieces of thick, deli-cut mozzarella cheese
6 pieces of pepperoni
2 pieces of thin sliced ham
Salt and vinegar potato chips

Layer the ingredients with a slice of mozzarella cheese on both the top and bottom.  Butter both pieces of bread and grill in a cast iron skillet (if you don't have one, any pan will do).  Serve with tomato soup for dipping!


No comments:

Post a Comment