Pages

Friday, April 18, 2014

Blueberry Peach Smoothie


I am so glad spring is here!!  Or rather, it was here, then it went away, then it was back, then it snowed, then it was back... I was informed that with the snow this week, Kentucky has had snow seven months in a row!  Snow from Halloween to Easter sounds more like the northern winters I am used to, but hopefully no more winter weather is coming our way.  



In honor of spring (and the lighter clothes associated with it), I've pulled out the blender for smoothies!  I've made this blueberry peach smoothie several times recently, and it is both delicious and filling.  Plus, I am trying to use up all the fresh blueberries I picked last year before the season begins again this year.  PS. I can't wait to go blueberry picking again this year.  We went for the first time last year to a local blueberry farm and had such a great time out in the warm weather finding just the right bush to pick and picking way too many!  

Now, if only I could get myself to wake up 15 minutes earlier in the mornings to make it for breakfast everyday!  




I have always made my smoothies with some type of combination fruit and vegetable juice like the R.W. Knudsen Nature's Peak Berry Veggie Blend used in this recipe, mainly so that I could pack as many servings of fruit and vegetables into one smoothie as possible.  I also make this smoothie with non-fat Greek yogurt.  I haven't necessarily liked yogurt in smoothies in the past, but the Greek yogurt adds a good tart, creamy flavor.  It also adds a ton of protein, which keeps me fuller longer after drinking it.  

I hope you enjoy the smoothie!



Blueberry Peach Smoothie
Makes 1 serving

1 cup R.W. Knudsen Nature's Peak Berry Veggie Blend
1/2 cup frozen (or fresh) blueberries
1/2 cup frozen (or fresh) sliced peaches
1/3 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
A few ice cubes
1 packet of sweetener, if desired (I use Sweet & Low)

Combine all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth.  

1 comment:

  1. Andrea, this smoothie looks delicious! I just bought a Vitamix and have been looking around for new recipes to try. So glad you shared this on Saturday Night Fever! Pinned to our group board and my delicious drinks board to try. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete